It covers the following topics:
- Types of angles
- Drawing angles
- Measuring angles
- Types of triangles
- Drawing triangles
- Understanding and determining the interior angles of a triangle
- Understanding and determining the interior angles of a quadrilateral
- Types of polygons (trapezoid, parallelogram, rhombus etc).
- Categorization of polygons (concave, convex, regular, irregular)
- Perimeter (calculating and developing a formula for faster calculations)
- Area of a rectangle (simple and shaded region)
- Volume of a rectangular prism
We have been working on old Provincial Test questions that they may see in relation to this unit and students have been given a review package that I will staple to their test just as in the past.